Well, the first week of SketchBookSkool (SBS) is well underway.
I’m very impressed with the channels of creativity it has already allowed me to explore. The videos are short, but wow!, they are incredible. I’ve had a sneek peak of Felix Scheinberger painting a little comical bird in 3 minutes with a water brush (and lighter!/Feuerzeug). I’ve been hand-lettering (thanks to Koosje’s lessons) at work during meetings.
I just sat down and did this (hey, why am I doing all that gesture drawing practice anyway?):
Tools in use:
- pencil (B)
- handcrafted (turned) nib holder (from the Siegburg Weihnachtsmarkt)
- Heintze&Blanckertz “G” nib
- “Dirk Weber, Bonn” Indian Ink wasserfest
- Koi water brush
- rag (old vest of mine, sorry, I was sure you wanted to know that)
- Winsor&Newton Colman traveler’s watercolour set
- 1917 Leuchtturm sketchpad
Since the course started on Friday, I sketched all of this:
I wonder what Ed (mostlydrawing.com) will say about my interpretation of Hokusai … ?